We had 3 records broken at Round 7. Congratulations to the following Athletes:
Hamish Fragiacomo - U9B 60m Hurdles Centre Record 10.88s
Levi Dayaseela - U10B Discus Centre and Any Venue Record 32.82m
Valentino Bertucci - U16B Long Jump Centre and Any Venue Record 5.88m
Well done Athletes!
Please click here for the PB Report and here for the Santa Sprints timetable (U6-10 start at 5:20pm, U11-16 start at 6:20pm) and also note that there is no Centre Training this week and the website calendar is now up-to-date for the rest of the season.
This Saturday is Round 7. We're back at home on our fantastic new track!
We're running a standard session for U6-8 and our Combined Event program for U9-16. Points will be tallied and medals awarded at Presentation Day. Please click here for the program and check your start times.
We desperately need 2 more volunteers to run the timing systems - at this stage we only have enough to run one straight for the early session, which may delay our program.
U7 Families are on set up - please arrive at 7:30am and sign in with Scott to have your duty recorded.
U11 Families are on pack up - please sign out with Scott when we're finished packing up.
Please remember chest patches and hats, sunscreen and drink bottles as it's going to be hot.
Happy New Year Everyone!
We're back at Dolamore for Round 7 on Saturday 22nd January (hooray!). A big thanks to Moorabbin LAC for hosting us at Bricker Reserve and to Oakleigh LAC for coordinating their sessions with us.
We now plan to hold our Santa Sprints Christmas Party as part of our twilight meet on Friday 28th January - details coming soon but we expect our younger age groups to run from around 5:30pm to 7pm, with the older age group events on from around 7 until 8:30pm. There won't be a Saturday session for any age group on the 29th as U9 and older athletes are off to the State Combined Event Championships.
The official opening of our fantastic new track will now take place at Mentone Relay Day on Sunday 27th March.
It's a very tough decision but we feel that with the wind and rain it's not going to be a nice evening for our Christmas Party, so we are postponing. We will look to reschedule the event for late January.
We'll make an announcement at 1pm as to whether or not we'll be able to go ahead with the Santa Sprints Christmas Party this afternoon.
If we are forced to cancel, we will look at re-scheduling the event.